Monday, 25 October 2010

'I be feedin' Father Christmas'- 20 second project- line test

Here is my line test for my 20 second animation. A line test is an animation comprised of the pencil frames, to test to make sure that everything works properly before the inking takes place.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the result, though there are areas for improvement which I will address before/ whilst creating my final project. Firstly, and perhaps most obviously, I need to add the background table and food to the scene where Santa is eating. Also, since seeing the wide shot of the buffet in motion, I have discovered that the balloons move far too fast. As a result, I intend to redo these frames (which will not prove much of a problem since they utilise my template background). The final issues are with my last scene- the light of the scene flickers, something likely due to the camera, so I will take care to avoid this for my final piece. Lastly, the cut out fireplace that I used does wobble a little, so once again I will take more care to ensure this does not happen for my finished animation.

This task is limited to 20 seconds, and currently my test is 18. With this in mind, I can afford to have longer pauses in my animation which should increase their effect.


video

1 comment: