Friday, 18 March 2011

Alienated! Final animation

Our latest stop motion animation is finally complete, after over five weeks of hard work- and it is exactly as we had hoped it would be. I am incredibly satisfied with the video, with which my friend Brian Lobeda (at impossible-dark.blogspot.com) did a great job editing! The video closely follows our animatic and video references, with improved timing. I hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed making the film!

video

The following video shows our animatic, using the storyboard images. This helped us to judge the length of our animation by being able to see the story play out on screen, albeit in a very simple way:

video

2 comments:

  1. Nice work! I liked your characters reaction after he peeked in the boarded up window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That's probably my favourite scene too- all of the outside shots were difficult, particularly opening the door to look outside, and stepping over the hedge, so I'm most proud of us getting those shots right!

    ReplyDelete