Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Crazy golf- colour palette

Throughout the past few weeks, I have been researching the aesthetics of crazy golf courses for inspiration for my upcoming CG animation. I am currently compiling a range of useful images into a mood board with Photoshop, as well as obtaining a range of textures for models in Maya.

Today however I chose a simpler task that nevertheless will prove useful. After looking at many different courses, I noticed a general trend in their aesthetics. The colours appearing throughout are in fact fairly consistent- at least variations of the same base colour. For this reason, I have created in effect a mood board showing a range of appropriate shades of these base colours, useful for visual reference and ultimately gauging which of these colours will work well together. Click to enlarge the image below!

No comments:

Post a Comment