Wednesday, 20 April 2011

Crazy golf- reference videos!

My crazy golf animation is to be based on a 'domino effect', i.e. a chain of events involving objects and contraptions. Initially, I looked at a range of real world crazy golf obstacles to design my contraptions as authentically as possible, though it soon became clear that i would have to draw some of the more mechanical inspiration from elsewhere.

This is what drew me back to the following LittleBigPlanet level, created by PlayStation Network user TRIPLETREMELO, entitled 'Cause And Effect'. Now, anyone who is familiar with the creation tools on LittleBigPlanet will know how difficult it is to make a functional level. This is an impressive example of a cause and effect sequence, and certainly proved invaluable for showing a wide range of different types of mechanism that could go into my animation.



In addition to photo references, I have personally been to several incredible cray golf courses (including Pirate's Cove in Orlando, Florida) and so have some knowledge of the types of obstacle commonly used. Video references have also been useful, such as the following clip from Mr. Bean!

No comments:

Post a Comment