Friday, 9 December 2011

Digbeth project- Final animation

As promised, here is the final animation for my 'Narrative construction, adaption and interpretation' module.

I have expressed in previous posts how I feel about having a lack of time to polish the final piece at the end of the module. Regardless, I am very pleased with the implementation of the 3D background, which I feel works very well, in addition to the hand drawn animations seen throughout. The piece overall could perhaps have been better with some minor tweaks had we the time to do so (notably the unfortunate pause in the music towards the end). If in the future we decide to revisit this animation and make the suggested improvements, I shall of course post it on my blog.

Thanks to Brian from impossible-dark.blogspot.com for editing the animation in Adobe After Effects! I hope you enjoy the video!

video

2 comments:

  1. finally! lol, yh i liked it. though at some points, i feel as though you could cut and make him get to one point to another quicker. But overall really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andy! Yeah I agree, unfortunately due to time restraints this isn't exactly how I'd have liked it to be, but I wrote about some points for improvement for the assessment nonetheless. Perhaps we could have had the man jogging instead of walking, or cut the more unnecessary building sections like the warehouses?

    Kelvin did mention trying to submit this to Birmingham City Council for use on a website, which would be fantastic! Though if this was going to be the case, first I think I'd like to give it more of a polish and just touch up areas that could be better.

    ReplyDelete