Having been in planning and development stages for so long, it was nice to work on the final piece, during which I really tried to push myself and my abilities further than I have before. As a result, I have made far more progress this module than I had thought I would with regards to CGI, and working with different programs in synergy!
I hope you like my animation:
The countdown detailed at the end of my last post was created separately in Adobe After Effects and, along with the Maya-rendered video, composited in a second composition:
Before rendering my final animation in Autodesk Maya, I made certain to playblast the motion at various stages to ensure that the timing was correct and the camera's path was how I had envisioned. You can see a big difference between my first and last tests below!
Overall, I am perhaps more pleased with this animation than I have been with any of my animations this year so far! I thought I would never say this- but I actually look forward to using Maya again for my Digital module's infographics project now!