Sunday, 3 March 2013

Oh Well- animatic


UPDATE (12/3/13):

I have since created a second version animatic, that is to be used for my final film. For this newer animatic, click here.
_______________


The animatic for my final university project is complete, using placeholder audio. The assets (also used for my storyboard) have been animated on a basic level to get a better sense of timing for actions such as character walks. 
'Oh Well' is the story of a clumsy native tribesman named Walter, who embarks on a long and arduous journey to collect water from a well. When disaster strikes, it seems that all his efforts have gone to waste- but Walter soon learns that good fortune is just around the corner.


I hope you like it! My job from now on will be to recreate this in stop-motion! I will be planning and hopefully beginning to build the puppet this week- since the majority of the film (as mentioned in my previous post) will be filmed with the puppet against a green screen, I shall build the character first and the set afterwards. This will enable me to film the green screen scenes without having to wait for the set to be finished.

As always, I'll keep my blog updated with my progress.

3 comments:

  1. Hehe, good stuff you've got there :) . I think you got the colors spot on, they create a good atmosphere. Looking forward to see the final piece, good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Horvath!

    Got a few changes to make based on more feedback- mostly making his journey a bit longer and putting more emphasis on him going home the same route. I need to start making now, so I'll just have to add some quick sketches in this time I think, just to get timing correct.

    I hope your project is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For 3D animations, objects (models) are built on the computer monitor (modeled) and 3D figures are rigged with a virtual skeleton. For 2D figure animations, separate objects (illustrations) and separate transparent layers are used, with or without a virtual skeleton. Then the limbs, eyes, mouth, clothes, etc. of the figure are moved by the animator on key frames. The differences in appearance between key frames are automatically calculated by the computer in a process known as tweening or morphing. Finally, the animation is rendered.



    Alex Frisch

    ReplyDelete