Thursday, 29 August 2013

Oh Well- the final cut

It's complete! Having been working pretty much non-stop on my graduation film since January, I am very pleased to say that it is now finished to the best of my ability, and I can at long last present it to you!

As regular readers of my blog will know, due to time restrictions and my focusing on model making and character animation, I was unable to complete the postproduction of the film as intended for the university submission cut.

So, long story short, I've spent the past few months improving, well, just about everything I could actually! The digital backgrounds have been finished and reworked, new effects have been added, and I've even been fortunate enough to have had some fantastic help for my music and foley sound effects, courtesy Luca Ranaldo (over at holdyourcolour.weebly.com), and Harry Grainger (mythirdeyeworld.wordpress.com) respectively!


I hope you like it! Why not check out the animatic to see how the scenes were translated from 2D concept visualisation to the final product? I tried to be as faithful to the original plans as possible!

I am delighted to say that 'Oh Well' has now been submitted to the Royal Television Society (RTS) Student Awards, as well as to Canterbury Anifest Short Film Competition. I'll keep you posted on its progress- fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment